10 different Valentine’s Day date ideas
Published: Thursday, February 14, 2013
Updated: Thursday, February 14, 2013 01:02
1) A Night at the Beach: Yes, it’s still romantic but very casual and low-key. Bring some food and your favorite bottle of wine. Nothing is better than just hanging out on the beach and talking about nothing at all.
2) Mix up the typical dinner and a movie: Yeah, the sound of this makes me cringe. So why not switch it up by waking up and going to Waffle House and then going to see a matinee movie? It’s cheaper both ways, and it makes you seem spontaneous.
3) Take your date to New Orleans: This is the perfect idea if you really want to make a night special for someone. New Orleans is only an hour and a half away and has some of the best food, music and atmosphere in the South.
4) Cook together: Pick a recipe on Pinterest and go with it! I don’t know a man or a woman who doesn’t like a home-cooked meal.
5) Karaoke: A total date icebreaker. Check out Roper’s Thursday Night Karaoke.
6) Sports game: Basketball or baseball games are perfect for those sport fanatics. Even better, get your significant other tickets to his or her favorite team.
7) Batting Cage: Competing for the perfect batting score with your significant other is a good way to show your aggressive, sporty side.
8) Bowling: It’s cheap and entertaining, and who doesn’t love wearing those clown-like shoes?
9) Aquarium: Excellent place to go if you both love animals. Aquariums have the best gift shops too, especially the one in New Orleans.
10) And the most casual, spontaneous date idea ever: Airport getaway. I saw this off of a movie and thought it was really clever. You and your date randomly just go to the airport and ask the desk assistant where the next flight is headed. No matter what, you both have to go and experience that place together.