2014 NFL Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – JaDaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: Clowney is too good of a talent to pass up here.
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) – Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn: Rams may look to trade this pick, but Robinson will help keep Bradford upright.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: Owner Shad Khan needs to make a splash, and I think Gus Bradley sees Russell Wilson in Johnny Football.
4. Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Watkins and Josh Gordon on the outside will give defensive
5. Oakland Raiders – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M: Raiders struck out in free agency at tackle and will look to rectify that here.
6. Atlanta Falcons – Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo: Falcons would love to have a dynamic pass rusher like Mack fall to them.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M: Lovie Smith was in Chicago when they drafted Alshon Jeffery to compliment Brandon Marshall. Does the same here to compliment Vincent Jackson.
8. Minnesota Vikings – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: Vikings reached big on Christian Ponder, but get my favorite quarterback in the draft
9. Buffalo Bills – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: Ebron will help develop EJ Manuel as a receiving threat at TE.
10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: Lions need help in the secondary and get a great press-man corner here.
11. Tennessee Titans – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State: Titans lost Alterraun Verner to free agency, but get a solid corner
12. New York Giants – CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama: Giants had a lot of issues on defense last season and getting Mosley in the middle will help fix that.
13. St. Louis Rams – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: Clinton-Dix is a rangy thumper in the back end and will help take the Rams defense to another level.
14. Chicago Bears – Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt: Perfect 3-technique tackle for their scheme.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: After losing Keenan Lewis last season, the secondary struggled mightily.
16. Dallas Cowboys – Anthony Barr, DE, UCLA: With DeMarcus Ware in Denver, Dallas looks to replace him with a skilled rusher off the edge.
17. Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville: Ravens are still looking to replace Ed Reed and Pryor is the perfect man for the job.
18. New York Jets – Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU: Regardless of who starts under center, the Jets
19. Miami Dolphins – Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame: After the bullying scandal, the Dolphins line was in shambles. Martin will go a long way in fixing that.
20. Arizona Cardinals – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State: Perfect QB for Bruce Arians’ system. Will get the luxury of learning behind Carson Palmer.
21. Green Bay Packers – Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State: Packers are still trying to fix a horrible defense that has kept them from going far in the playoffs.
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State: With DeSean Jackson in Washington, Eagles will replace him with the mammoth receiver Benjamin.
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State: Chiefs need playmakers, period. Cooks fits that mold with 4.33 speed.
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri: Bengals need to replace Michael Johnson. Ealy is the perfect man for the job.
25. San Diego Chargers – Kyle Fuller, CB, Va. Tech: Chargers actually do not have a lot of holes, but getting a guy who can do everything at the CB position
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) – Blake Bortles, QB, UCF: A lot of people are a lot higher on Bortles than I am, but the Browns finally get their guy at QB.
27. New Orleans Saints – Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn: The Saints were hit with the injury bug last season at OLB and adding a speedster off the edge with Ford will give Rob Ryan a new toy to play with.
28. Carolina Panthers – Marqise Lee, WR, USC: The Panthers need WR help more than any other team in the league. Luckily for them, Lee is as pro-ready as they come.
29. New England Patriots –Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota: Patriots love guys with position flex and Hageman’s blend of size and athleticism is too rich to pass up.
30. San Francisco 49ers – Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame: 49ers are always looking to beef up their D-line and get a pro-ready 5-technique in Tuitt.
31. Denver Broncos – Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA: After the Super Bowl, it is evident that the Broncos need help with the interior of
32. Seattle Seahawks – Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana: The best team in football grabs an intriguing prospect with true boom or